Tuesday 1 November 2011

One whole week down..

I just want to try and summarise my experience in China so far. My biggest challenge with this blog is to try and let you know what I am experiencing out here, I don't think words are capable of doing that, but I will try my best.

I got abandoned at Dublin airport over a week ago, and just then I realised, I am going out to see the world. Nerve racking and exciting at the same time, I pushed myself to try and be as charismatic as possible to try and get from Ireland to China, and then to help me survive my first real week, as well as meet people and try and get comfortable at work.

I find myself now quite satisfied with my progress for far. I have met a lot of new people, and enjoy bumping into these familiar faces ever few days now, I have experienced a lot of new food and eating customs, I have started to experience the real world of work and business, and how powerful e-commerce can be, especially in this country. Most of all, I have experienced a little of what it is like to be as far away from home as possible without leaving the earth. That is invaluable to me, and is changing my perspective and approach to life on a daily basis. Everything I experience in my day to day life now is another story to tell, and another lesson learned.

My goal for this opportunity is to obtain total independence. Live on my own, support myself, become a valued member of my team at work, and become friendly with a solid group of people I can hang with at the weekend and have parties with. I believe I will be a new person when I come home from this experience.

Things should become a little bit more routine now, but i will still update my blog when something important happens. I think this week I will be starting work on a shop that Karl plans to open next year, i will be travelling to a warehouse to oversee packaging preparation of garments that have been sold, and who knows what else, every day I have something new happen.

I will let you know what happens, thanks for your ongoing support, and please keep reading my blog! I am interested to see how many hits I can get, and where I get these hits from.

All the best

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment