Tuesday 1 November 2011

Day 6 in China: Chinese lessons!

Hi Everyone,

It's Wednesday morning. I am starting to feel a little more comfortable now that I have a couple days of work down, but all this new stuff keeps piling on! This morning at work was a little hectic, I had to add some things to my Inventory Report from yesterday, but I coped okay.

Karl's secretary, a nice woman called Tina, came and informed me this morning that I would be having my first Chinese lesson at 11am! Really didn't know how to prepare myself for this. I felt a little nervous too. The hour came and I got called to one of the showrooms here at the office where I would be having my lessons. I was introduced to a young Chinese male named Pan, aged 26. Very pleasant, very polite, very charismatic, and his English is great, didn't feel so nervous after we spoke for a few minutes. Then we got stuck in! Lesson 1: how to ask for something. After a quick one hour lesson, and already I feel that I can go to a restaurant and order food in Chinese. Before the end of the week I will try and put my language skills to the test, it's the only way I will learn! I will have a one hour lesson daily from now on, it will need a lot of work, so I hope I will survive okay. I hope my teacher is patient!

I spent the rest of the day trying to familiarise myself with the layout of the andrewmarc.com.cn website, and taobao (links in the sidebar) as they are in Chinese, and I will need to know how to navigate these sites!

I won't know what I will do at work tomorrow until the morning comes, so it's home now, I'll get some dinner in me, then bed, because these long days really take it out of me!

Update you soon!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment