Monday 17 October 2011

Day 2 in China: Shanghai

Day 2: Had a bit of a restless nights sleep, probably because of jet lag, but woke up around 8am. There was a full breakfast sitting ready for me from a fresh food shop downstairs, Karl and his kids (who I will be living with until I decide I'm ready to move out) left me to eat while they went for a walk. Omelette, pancakes, potatoes, melon, orange juice, coffee. Very nice food, glad the food here isn't as far off what I'm used to as I thought it would be.

Nice architecture in the hotel
Really enjoyed a bit of the Chinese culture later that evening. Karl, Ian (a friend of his) and I went to a local Irish pub to watch the rugby, they drank and we all got a good feed. I was sitting at a pretty interesting table, where at one point there was sat 2 Irish guys, a Welsh guy and girl, an American guy, and a Turkish guy, including a young man named Mark from Wales, who runs a program that brings students from the UK into Shanghai to learn a little about business, and see some of China and how fast it is developing. I will post the link to his website for those who would be interested in such a fantastic opportunity, he is a very nice guy. So it was an eventful day in the bar.

View from my hotel room
Travelling back to the hotel at night allowed me to see a little of the city at night time. Shanghai is a beautiful city, people are on the move at all times and the buildings and surroundings are really a sight to behold. I will upload some photos in a slideshow later so you can all see.

Very sleepy now, still adjusting to the time difference, so time for sleep!

I'll keep you posted,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment