Thursday 6 October 2011

It's the sixth already!?

I really didnt expect the time to pass so quickly, but here i am! I leave on my journey to China in less than 6 hours. Again i wish to extend my thanks to everyone who has supported me and helped me get to this position!

I leave from Dublin at 9:50 am, and will travel to Heathrow airport, London, before boarding a flight directly to Shanghai, in total i will be in the air for roughly 13 hours. At about 7.10 am on the 7th, i will touch down in China, where i will meet my driver who will then take me to where i will be staying for a few days before i move into Hangzhou, where i will be working.

I am very much looking forward to arriving, i will have a couple of days to myself before beginning work on the 10th. This will give me a couple of days to adjust, taste some food, and go out for a walk to take in my new home. When i get access to a computer in China, i will post again to inform you all about  how amazing my flight was, and  what i think of the area. Hopefully i can take a few pictures by then too!

I wont sleep tonight, too excited! Wish me luck!

Michael


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael - It's great to read that you're so excited and I look forward to following your progress on this blog through the rest of the year. I wish you all the very best for your placement.

    ReplyDelete